The EBC congratulates the winners of the 2012 EBEE Awards Celebration!
Award Description: In Recognition of the Development and Implementation of Outstanding Environmental and Energy Programs that Make Boston One of the Greenest Cities in America
Award Recipient: Thomas M. Menino, Mayor, City of Boston
Award Presented by: Jim Hunt, Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Community Relations, Northeast Utilities
Award Description: In Recognition of Outstanding Efforts to Advance Significant Transportation, Land Development and Environmental Policies, Projects and Initiatives
Award Recipient: A Better City
Accepting Award: Richard A. Dimino, President & CEO, A Better City
Presenting the Award: Kenneth Kimmell, Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
Award Description: In Recognition of the Outstanding Public - Private Partnership Resulting in the Expedited Development of the Innovative Martha’s Vineyard Hybrid Submarine Cable Project
- Comcast, Northeast Division
- NSTAR Electric Company
- Power Engineers, LLC
- Epsilon Associates, Inc.
- Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management
Accepting the Award:
- Mike Ahearn, Director of Construction, Greater Boston Region, Comcast, Northeast Division
- Henry V. Oheim, Jr, P.E., Project Director, NSTAR Electric Company
- Lester B. Smith, Jr., Principal and Project Manager, Epsilon Associates, Inc.
- David J. Colombo, P.E., Principal, Power Engineers, LLC
- Bruce K. Carlisle, Director, Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management, Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
Presenting the Award: TBA
Award Description: In Recognition of Outstanding Environmental Leadership and Commitment for the Development of Innovative Energy Management Tools That Increase the Role of Energy Efficiency and Demand Response
Award Recipient: EnerNOC, Inc.
Accepting the Award: Micah Remley, Vice President of Product Strategy and Technology, EnerNOC, Inc.
Presenting the Award: David Cash, Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities
Award Description: In Recognition of the Merrimack Station Clean Air Project with the First In the Nation Installation of a Wet Flue Gas Desulfurization System and State-of-the-Art Wastewater Treatment Facility
Award presented to: Public Service of New Hampshire, a Northeast Utilities Company
Accepting the award: William Smagula, Vice President of Generation, Public Service of New Hampshire
Award Presented by: Vicki Quiram, Assistant Commissioner, Department of Environmental Services, State of New Hampshire